Friday, July 23, 2010

Recital DVDs are Coming!

Recital seems like it was so very long ago! Yet at the same time, it feels like it was just yesterday! Parents and students, I know you have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of your DVDs. I remember what it was like when I was growing up and how I would wait all summer long for my recital video (only my senior year of high school were things advanced enough that we received a DVD instead of a VHS!). I can remember running down the driveway to my mailbox and checking for the video day, after day, after day!

Well- the time has come! DVDs have been put in the mail and should arrive very soon; photos will be mailed directly from the photographer very soon, as well!

Yesterday I had the opportunity to view the DVDs of the two recitals in which I had students: Spotlight on Broadway and Spring Concert. Boy, was I proud! All of the students gave a stellar performance. They sang and danced their hearts out! I was especially proud of my students in Another Openin’, Another Show’ for not looking into the wings for help; they didn’t need me and did it all by themselves!

As for my older students (One More Angel in Heaven), I was proud to see their acting skills come across so well on stage and on camera! For the young triple threat, it’s easy to forget a piece: you dance your heart out and suddenly realize you’re not singing, you’re dancing and singing but forget that you’re supposed to act angry, or sad, or whatever it is the character is feeling! Well, this didn’t happen to my triple threats! They kept all three pieces alive and strong throughout their performance; I couldn’t have been prouder!!!

Happy DVD watching!!
Miss Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment