Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ballerinas Cure Headaches!

All day yesterday and today I have been struggling with a horrible headache! It has been the kind of headache that Tylenol, or Ibuprofen or whatever else can’t even cure. So far the only cure for my headache that I have found has been little ballerinas!

This morning while sitting at the front desk I could hear Miss Margie and her train of ballerinas calling, “Miss Elizabeth, Miss Elizabeth”. When they finally reached the front desk the ballerinas made a circle around me. Miss Margie told me that the ballerinas had heard I wasn’t feeling very well and wanted to help. They danced around me with beautiful golden wands and sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow (their theme for camp this week is, of course, “The Wizard of Oz”).

Once they were finished singing each ballerina tapped me with their wand sending me well wishes for a headache free day, and then floated back to their classroom like beautiful little fairies.

And so, for just a little while today, I had a reprieve from this nagging headache as thoughts of rainbows, and ruby slippers, and tornados filled my head.

Have a rainbow filled day-

Miss Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment