Friday, July 16, 2010

Annie Fun

Today at the end of their beloved ballerina camp, two of my former students decided to sign up for Broadway Baby camp in a couple of weeks!! I am so excited for these girls to get their first glimpse into the world of Musical Theatre! The week they signed up for (the week of July 26th) the theme will be Annie!

Ladies and gentlemen are you ready for a fun fact about Miss Elizabeth? When I was a senior in High School, I played Miss Hannigan in our school’s production of Annie! What a fun show, and what a fun role to play! As those of you who know me (and those of you who don’t can tell just from my blog entries), I am nothing like Miss Hannigan! But isn’t that the joy of Musical Theatre? To have the chance to become someone else, to step outside the box and take on something new? How wonderful! I am so excited for these little ballerinas to learn the joy of acting and the art of singing while continuing their love for dance!

Maybe they are future Broadway stars…. Maybe!

Happy Singing!
Miss Elizabeth


PS – Kudos to those of you who realized that I was making an Annie! reference with the use of the of the song title Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment