Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Meet Miss Kasey!

This week on our teacher showcase we meet Miss Kasey! Miss Kasey is a new teacher with us this year at Ballet Petite, and quickly became one of our most beloved instructors. She is also currently the Ballet Department Director for Ballet Petite. Here are a few facts about Miss Kasey to get to know her better!

What is your dance background?
"I graduated from Point Park University with a B.A. in Dance and a minor in English. While attending Point Park, I studied ballet, modern, jazz and tap under some amazing performers. I have performed myself in ballets such as Les Sylphides, Etudes, and Giselle. I have also danced the role of Clara in Ballet Northeast's Nutcracker!"

Tell us about where you're from.
"I am originally from Scranton, Pennsylvania, which is where the show The Office is based. I love The Office! From when I first moved here in August until about May, I only knew one person in the area. So I would watch The Office and see them go to the restaurants and schools and businesses I went to at home, and that was really funny. Scranton is as ridiculous in real life as it is on the show."

What is your favorite part of being a teacher at Ballet Petite?
"I love seeing the students go through the process of really working hard to grasp a concept and apply it to their dancing. It's so rewarding to see them take a correction, struggle with it, keep working on it, and then see the improvement. There are a few classes in particular where the students just seemed to encourage each other, and inspire the best in each other. This past year I had one class in particular, a Ballet I on Monday nights who always tried their very best, even if they were having a difficult time. At the beginning of the session there was a bit of a mix of the level of the students. But one class later in the session during their Tendu combination, I realized every single one of them had straight, turned out legs, their feet were pointed, and they were all beautifully placed. I was really so proud of them, individually and as a group. The students are so sweet, and so many of them have a strong desire to learn and grow. They make me so happy - I go home and call my friends and brag about them!"

Anymore fun facts you would like to share about yourself?
"I'm so excited to get married next July and then hopefully have my own little ballerinas!"

Next week's teacher showcase features Miss Andrea!

All the best,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment