Monday, January 6, 2014

For the Love of Dance

A popular reality dance show premiered with a new season this past week. It's a show about rising young dance stars and some pushy moms.

You probably know which show I'm talking about.

When I watch shows like that, I always wonder who loves dance more; the child, or the parent?

Regardless of how much potential and talent you have, I don't think it really counts unless the dancer really, really, REALLY loves to dance.

Sometimes when parents find a talent in their children, they try to push and push to make a career out of it. My own mom tried to do this a few times. Tried.

(Miss Tess performing a group lyrical piece.)
Even though I love dance more than ANYTHING, I had no desire to pursue it as a professional dancer. I just dance purely for the love of dance. And now, I love sharing that love of dance with other young students here at Ballet Petite.

I think that's what makes me love dance so much; I dance because I want to and it brings me joy!




So, dancers and parents:
Don't stress about being the next Michael Jackson, Gene Kelly or Anna Pavola. Dance because you love it and it makes you happy. In the end, that's all that really matters.
  
Happy dancing!
 



 




 Miss Tess
tessc@balletpetite.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment