Monday, February 24, 2014

Olympics Closing Ceremony - Ballet!

I heard that there was going to be a ballet section of the Sochi closing ceremony, so I glued my eyes to the television just to watch it.

And, it was beautiful!

Actually, the whole closing ceremony itself was very artistic and beautiful. Some of the choreography was very simple, but eye catching and lovely to watch.

Of course, my favorite part of the ceremony was the ballet! Like, I said in my last post, ballet has an important history in Russia. To show this, performers from the two rival Russian ballet companies came together and put on a fantastic show: the Bolshoi and the Mariinsky Theatre.

Swan LakeThe ballerinas paid tribute to dance giants like Anna Pavlova, famous for her performance of "The Dying Swan."

Many famous ballets were also composed by Russian-born Peter Tchaikovsky, like The Nutcracker, Swan Lake, and The Sleeping Beauty.

After watching the short performance, I just had so much more appreciation for the history of Russian ballet and all the wonderful things ballet and dance has brought to my life!

If you haven't watched the closing ceremony yet, try to find it online. There are some spectacular things to see!
 

 







Miss Tess
tessc@balletpetite.com

No comments:

Post a Comment