Saturday, May 5, 2012

Meet Miss Mallory!

Miss Mallory recently joined Ballet Petite. She hails from Sweet Briar College and has been dancing for many many years! I wanted to get to know her a little better, as she will be teaching Saturday classes in Bethesda this Spring and camps this summer!

When did you start dancing? And when did you know that you wanted to dance for the rest of your life?
I started dancing when I was 7 years old.  There were only two dance studios in the area of my small town and they offered pretty basic classes and so tap and jazz were my first dance classes.  [Not sure why I did not choose to take ballet first, but I think at that age I just liked the look of the dance styles that appeared to be upbeat and "sassy"]   And to answer the second part...I guess I figured out that I wanted to dance forever after I kept trying all kinds of new things.  I was the kid that always had to be doing something different.  I tried gymnastics, horseback riding, karate, softball, and of course dancing.  Dance is what I always came back to, and was always something fun and natural to me.

What is your favorite genre of dance?
Favorite genre..That's tough.. They each have their own beautiful qualities.. probably Jazz and Modern..but I love Ballet too.. :)  

What was your favorite role and/or piece that you danced in? 
Most of the roles that I have danced in were student works and choreography, so nothing like the Nutcracker or Swan Lake... So I might have to get back to you on this one......


What is your favorite thing to do when you're not dancing? 
I love sweets and so I love to bake.... I also like to discover new places and travel. 

And of course, a question we ask all Ballet Petite teachers, what is your favorite color and your favorite candy?
Favorite colors: Coral and Turquoise. Candy- M&Ms or chocolate truffles!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment