Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Meet Miss Kasey!

Its time to meet another one of our wonderful ballet teachers who is also our artistic director! You may have seen Miss Kasey around the studio - she always looks like the perfect ballerina! She has a passion and excitement for dance that is contagious!




Miss Kasey started dancing when she was 3 years old! But it was when she had to write an essay for class on what she wanted to be when she grew up that she realized dance would always have to be a part of her life.

She says she enjoys class and rehearsal even more than performing because there is always something to learn! Miss Kasey described to me: My last year of college I had the most phenomenal ballet teacher, Susan Stowe. She had such an incredible understanding of technique, gave a great balance of compliments and corrections and criticism, and I always wanted to do my best in her class - for myself and to show her how much I appreciated her. It made me realize how rewarding it could be to spend each day in the studio, constantly refining technique, helping students' find their passion, getting them as excited about ballet class as I am.

At Ballet Petite, Miss Kasey teaches regular classes and helps oversee the ballet performance company rehearsals. She always tells us how proud she is of her students and about how their hard work and sense of humor make her smile every day.

Fun Facts: Miss Kasey's favorite performance to dance in was Telemann Overature in E Major. Her favorite performance to watch is Romeo and Juliet.

No comments:

Post a Comment